Hertz Celebrates Gold Plus Rewards Anniversary, Surprises Members
Hertz is celebrating the three-year anniversary of its Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program by surprising customers with luxury car upgrades and program enhancements.
Members renting in cities across the world are receiving the keys to one of Hertz’ Elite cars, such as Jaguar, Land Rover and Mercedes, instead of the cars they initially booked. Additionally, 90 members in Europe we’re surprised with free tickets to Disneyland Paris to enjoy with family and friends.
Hertz is also giving away 3,000 bonus points to five lucky members who will be chosen at random. There is also a double-points promotion for a limited time in European markets.
According to Hertz, some of the milestones it is celebrating include winning the Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits awards from FlyerTalk.com, as well as a 2013 COLLOQUY Loyalty Award that recognized Hertz’ groundbreaking innovations in loyalty marketing.
In addition to surprise upgrades and points promotions, Hertz is also announcing some changes to the Gold Plus Rewards program which will make it easier for members to move up in status.
Some of the notable program enhancements include:
- Hertz Gold Choice: Allows renters to choose a different car on the spot
- Mobile Gold Alerts: Sends Gold members real-time mobile alerts regarding car reservations and locations
- Faster rentals: Lets members skip the counter at more than 50 airports around the world
- More ways to earn points: Gold members now earn points for using services like Hertz NeverLost, fuel purchases and buying insurance coverage
- New reward destinations: Ireland and Brazil are now part of Hertz’ expanding global network.
"We have endeavored to make our customer-loyalty program the best in the industry to give people something back each time they rent a car with us,” Michel Taride, group president of Hertz International, said in a press release. "What better way to toast the program's third birthday than to offer our customers the chance to experience the cream of our fleet by taking some of the most beautiful cars on the road for a spin."
Source: The Hertz Corporation