For reference, here's the 2011 Entry Form and FAQs. (Please note that these may change for 2012.)
1. Who can enter the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards?
- any company that financed and realized the business performance of the initiative(s) can enter the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards
- while agencies, consultancies, vendors and 3rd party suppliers may draft an entry on behalf of their client, all entries must be submitted with the knowledge and consent of the profiled company
- the entry form must be submitted by an authorized executive/representative of the company
2. What does it cost to enter?
- there is no cost to enter
3. How does my company enter?
- complete the online entry form
- if you are unable to complete the entry form online, please contact us
- Download printable version of entry forms and FAQs.
4. Can my company enter more than one award category?
- your company can enter more than one award category or even all award categories but must have separate initiatives for each award category
- each entry must be submitted individually and for only one award category
5. Can my company submit the same entry into more than one award category?
- no, you must have separate initiatives for each award category entry
- if you have one initiative that seems to fit more than one award category, you have two options: i) consider entering the “Master of Enterprise Loyalty” award; OR ii) select one of the other award categories your entry seems best fitted to
6. What makes an initiative separate and eligible for entry in separate category?
- An initiative is a program, effort, tactic, campaign and/or other activity, having its own budget, singular objective, and results
7. Can my company submit additional supporting material, and if so, how?
- yes, you may provide additional supporting material to any award
- additional supporting material is optional
- attachments will not be used for the primary evaluation
- they are not considered substitutes for responses to the required questions in the entry form
- please check first that you are uploading the correct file
- you may load up to two documents (.pdf or .doc format only) at a maximum file size of 6Mbs each
8. Are there limits on my entry's supporting materials?
- yes, your entry must not contain offensive or libelous material
- all initiatives and/or activities must be lawful
- your entry should not include extraneous material such as music, visual or graphic effects unless they are an integral part of your entry
- if your entry includes samples of creative materials, include what the public sees and your company sees - do not add enhancements
- graphs, charts, etc., may be presented if they demonstrate business and/or customer performance of your initiative
- edit your entry to take into account your privacy, contractual and/or confidentiality commitments - and indicate if you have edited for these purposes
- the content entered must be final and cannot be amended once your entry has been submitted
9. What kind of business and customer performance metrics can I use in my entry?
- the likelihood of your entry succeeding will improve if you include financial and/or customer metrics as substantiation of your initiative's performance
- financial metrics might include indexed numbers regarding sales, margin, profit, costs, ROI etc.
- customer metrics might include indexed numbers regarding # new customers, # active customers, conversion rate, customer retention %, spend per customer, frequency of purchase, CLV (Customer Lifetime Value), brand advocacy etc.
10. What if my program materials require credit when used?
- if you are legally obligated or wish to credit anyone within your entry, you have the option to do so on the form
11. What if my program materials include creative materials that involve photo or other licenses?
- you need to ensure that you have the right to submit the materials to the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards
12. When should my company's initiative have been in effect?
- the initiative cited in your entry must have been in market (or in effect) in calendar 2010
13. When do entries open and close?
- entries open on April 4th 2011
- entries close on May 16th 2011
14. Will my company receive any acknowledgement of our award entry?
- yes, each entry will be given an Identification Number when the entry is submitted. You can use this ID# if you need to contact us
15. What happens to the information in my entry form? How will it be used?
- contact Information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating with the entrant regarding the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards, unless either previously consented and/or consented via opt-in permissions on the entry form
- your responses to the Entry Questionnaire and any additional documents will be re-posted, exactly as submitted, for the industry to use to evaluate and determine award winners. Please do not provide any information, data, results etc. specific to an individual consumer or customer
- credits may be used, at COLLOQUY's discretion, in conjunction with announcement of the Award winners
- COLLOQUY may also review some or all of the entries on an aggregate basis and make observations and create content for possible future publication and use
- your entry, excluding Contact Information, but including responses to the Entry Questionnaire and/or any additional documents and/or credits may be copied and published, in whole or in part, for judging, education, publicity and other purposes, including, but not limited to, use in COLLOQUY Market Alert, COLLOQUY Magazine, COLLOQUY Summit, www.colloquy.com/loyaltyawards, newsletters, programs, webinars, conferences and summits, the winners' reel, awards dinners, etc. See Terms and Conditions
16. What is 'Enterprise Loyalty'?
Companies that best demonstrate Enterprise Loyalty have transformed themselves from being product or channel-focused to being truly customer-centric organizations. A company's adoption of Enterprise Loyalty results in improved competitive advantage, customer loyalty, financial and/or customer performance.
Companies that excel in Enterprise Loyalty share 5 characteristics to varying degrees:
- create customer-specific insights from transactional data, behavioral data and collected customer preferences
- leverage these insights to develop enterprise-wide customer strategies, including creating customer segments that reflect their existing and potential value
- focus the organization's entire retail or service offering based upon customer-specific insights including: merchandising, pricing, new product/service development, operations, marketing, customer experience, store layout/design, store locations, etc.
- align the company's operational structure to better serve the right customer segments
- incorporate customer-based metrics as a measure of corporate performance. Of course, strong executive commitment to a long-term vision for Enterprise Loyalty is needed to integrate a customer-specific focus across all functional areas of the company. The end result is developing emotional bonds between the company and its customers that drive longer-term customer loyalty.
17. When I vote for a finalist, what is done with the information?
- how you vote in each award category will only be used to determine a winner for the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards, and is privy only to COLLOQUY. Your voting will not be shared with anyone
- COLLOQUY will record which Awards you've voted for so we can ensure that each industry member only votes once in each award category
18. Who can vote?
- Industry members must be logged in with a COLLOQUY.com Username and Password to vote for finalists
- Industry members can vote only once per award category
- you cannot vote for your own company or your client (as their agency, vendor or supplier)
- In the event COLLOQUY creates additional award categories based on regions, COLLOQUY will have the option of limiting voting to regional members
19. Why do I need a COLLOQUY.com Username and Password to vote?
- the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards are the only peer-to-peer industry award winners in the Enterprise Loyalty space - we want the COLLOQUY community, who are professionals in Enterprise Loyalty, to select winners
20. Do I have to vote in all award categories?
- You do not. We hope you vote in all award categories because there are lots of initiatives that deserve recognition
21. Can I vote for my company?
- you cannot vote for your own company or your client (as their agency, vendor or supplier)
22. When does industry voting open and close?
- Open - June 20th 2011
- Close - August 2nd 2011
23. How are winners determined?
There are two stages:
A. Jury selection of finalists
- an independent jury will select 3 finalists in each award category from all entries submitted
B. Industry rating for winners
- the industry then determines the winners online at www.colloquy.com/loyaltyawards, by voting for one of each of the 3 finalists entries in each category based on how well it meets the requirements of the award category and the innovative nature of the initiative
- in the event regional awards are created, COLLOQUY may limit voting for finalists to industry members located in the applicable region, and will provide additional voting instruction on the voting page of www.colloquy.com/loyaltyawards
- the winner in each award category is determined by the highest number of votes
- the winner of the Master of Enterprise Loyalty award is determined by our jury from all entries received to that category
24. How can my company's chances of winning be improved?
- make sure your entry form is complete - only completed entry forms will be considered
- check off your agreement to the Terms and Conditions
- a well written entry, with quantified business and/or customer performance metrics will have the best chances of selection
- if you are an agency, vendor, consultancies and/or 3rd party supplier drafting an entry on behalf of a client, make sure your entry is written from your client's perspective (from their 'voice'), and that you have your client's consent to submit this entry
25. What do winners win?
- winners of each of the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards receive a physical award at the 2011 COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit in
; discounted registration to the 2012 COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit; a profile/interview in COLLOQUY's September 2011 issue (print and online) ; and participation in COLLOQUY's trade media release
- winners may use a physical award and the award's name for their trade and public relations purposes, but any other use of the COLLOQUY trademark by any entrant must have the prior written consent of LoyaltyOne US, Inc.
26. What do finalists win?
- finalists in each award category will be recognized in trade media releases in US and Canada; coverage in COLLOQUY's issue (print and online); and they will also receive a finalist certificate
- finalists may use finalist certificates and certificate names for their trade and public relations purposes, but any other use of the COLLOQUY trademark by any entrant must have the prior written consent of LoyaltyOne US, Inc.
27. When does my company find out if we are a finalist?
- Entrants will be advised if they are a finalist by email by June 17, 2011
28. When do winners find out if they've won?
- winners will be notified Mon August 8, 2011 by phone to the primary contact identified on the Entry Form
29. Will every Award Category have a winner?
- COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards may eliminate a category/categories if there is an insufficient number of entries in that category.
- COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards may reallocate an entry to another more suitable award category
- COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards will delete duplicative entries from one company within an award category
- COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards will delete duplicative entries from one company entered into multiple award categories, and, if a particular entry qualifies as a separate initiative, allocate it to the award category COLLOQUY deems most appropriate
- COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards may create an additional award category(ies) once entries are received and will post a notice about the additional award category(ies) on www.colloquy.com/loyaltyawards on or about June 20, 2011
30. Who is on the jury panel?
- The jury panel is composed of senior thought-leaders from business and academia
- Jury members are:
- Brian Almeida, Managing Director, Direxions
- Neeli Bendapudi, Professor of Marketing, Director, Institute for Managing Services, Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University
- Shawn Bloom, General Manager, SCENE LP
- Roberto Chade, Co-Founder and CEO, Dotz
- Bob Daly, Senior Vice President, Retail Payment Solutions, U.S. Bank
- David Eisendrath, Senior Vice President of Data and Loyalty, Recyclebank
- Amy Harris, Senior Vice President, ThankYou Rewards, Citi
- Jennifer Hawkins, Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Card and Product Development, American Express
- Kelly Hlavinka, Managing Partner, COLLOQUY
- Garret Ippolito, Vice President, MasterCard Worldwide
- Richard Levey, Senior Editor, DIRECT and Chief Marketer magazines
- Todd Nelson, Senior Vice President Loyalty Marketing Services, Epsilon
- Kyle Murray, Associate Professor of Marketing and Director of the School of Retailing in the School of Business, University of Alberta
- Randy Petersen, Editor and Publisher, InsideFlyer magazine
- Shelley Perelmuter, VP of Relationship Marketing and Business Direct, Gap Inc.
- Shipra Shah, Senior Manager, Loyalty Marketing, Godiva Chocolatiers
- Mark Vandenbosch, Chair in Business Administration and Professor in Marketing, Faculty Scholar, the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- Jeff Zidell, Vice President, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Janet Smith, Clubcard Director, Tesco PLC
31. When and where is the 2011 COLLOQUY Summit?
- the 9th Annual COLLOQUY Summit will be held Sept 13-15, 2011 in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- for additional information see here
32. Can I attend just the Awards ceremony lunch?
- Please contact us about attending the COLLOQUY Loyalty Summit, including the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards luncheon. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
33. Who is sponsoring the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards?
34. How can my company become a sponsor next year?
- contact us at email@example.com
35. Who is COLLOQUY?
- COLLOQUY has been the voice of the global loyalty industry since 1990. As leader in the 'art and science of customer value' COLLOQUY launched these awards to address a need in the market - honoring innovative and proven successful Enterprise Loyalty initiatives
36. What are the COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards?
- The COLLOQUY Loyalty Awards are the only peer-based award in the loyalty arena. These are the only loyalty awards that span all major industries (including retail, travel and financial services) and other categories relevant to the industry